NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN ANY COUNTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST ESTABLISHES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Artwork for WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY Drawing Contest (the “Contest“) is designed to encourage children and young adults and their parents/guardians on their behalf (“Entrant(s)” or “You“) to use their creativity to present their own interpretation of Biodiversity (“The Theme“). Judges will select the winning entries, and prizes will be granted by following the Official Rules (these “Rules“).
1- BINDING AGREEMENT: To enter the WED Drawing Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules before entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that obedience of an entry in the Drawing Contest is an agreement to these Rules. You may not present entry to the WED Drawing Contest and are not qualified to claim the prizes specified in these Rules unless you accept these Rules, they form a binding legal agreement between you and Diproinduca concerning the WED Drawing Contest.
2- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest, an Entrant must be between 2 and 18 years old. Minors who participate must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to be eligible for any prizes, as described in these Rules. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Diproinduca, and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives (“Contest Entities“), and affiliates to the Contest Entities’ and their immediate relatives (parents, children, siblings, spouses, and life partners of each) and other members of the households (related or not) of such directors, officers and employees, as well as the Winners from previous years are eligible to participate in this Contest.
3- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Diproinduca Group of Companies (“Diproinduca” or “Sponsor“), a Canadian corporation with Headquarters at 3601 Highway 7, Suite 400, Markham, ON. L3R 0M3. Canada.
4- CONTEST PERIOD: Begins June 5, 2020, 8:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) Zone, and ends August 1, 2020, at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) Zone (“Contest Period“). All dates are subject to change.
5- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Drawing Contest, visit contest.diproinduca.com (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the steps that appear on the “How it Works” page. You will be requested to complete an entry form (“Entry Form”) with: (a) an artwork that reflects Entrant’s creative interpretation of the Drawing Contest theme of this year “Biodiversity.” (“artwork”); (b) all information at the Entry Form including parent’s consent of terms and conditions for minors under 16 years; and (c) a description from the artist of hundred (100) words or less. Entry applications can only be submitted by parents or guardians. The Artwork and supporting statements or descriptions must meet the “artwork Requirements,” described below.
6- Entries received without a complete Entry Form or without a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission for minors under 16 years, will be disqualified.
7- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. To qualify for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by Diproinduca); (ii) received by August 1, 2020, 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) Zone; and (iii) in English or Spanish. Device or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the criteria mentioned above will be disqualified. Diproinduca accepts no responsibility for submissions, delayed, damaged, scratched, or disarranged, however, caused.
8- ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS. The Artwork and supporting statements descriptions must meet the following criteria (“artwork Specifications”):
a. They must not be offensive, derogatory, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is indecent, inappropriate, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes harm or hatred against any person or group or contrarily does not comply with the subject and spirit of the Drawing Contest.
b. They must not contain material or content or any unlawful element, or otherwise in infringement to all applicable federal, state, or local regulations and laws, including the regulations and laws in any country where the WED Drawing Contest and supporting statement are created.
c. The Artwork must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, logo, slogan, trademark, representation of characters indicating endorsement or sponsorship by a third party, a commercial entity that is not inside the spirit of the Drawing Contest, as determined by Diproinduca, in its sole discretion.
d. It must be original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that a third party or entity owns.
e. They cannot display any content, elements, or materials that violate a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property legal rights.
f. The Artwork is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
g. The Participant does not include any disparaging statements relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
During the Drawing Contest Period, Diproinduca, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the Artwork and supporting statements to ensure that they comply with the Drawing Contest Requirements. Diproinduca reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an artwork and supporting statements that do not meet the Contest Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
10- JUDGING: Each Artwork will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) Unassisted work (ii) artistic skills (iii) creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme Biodiversity, as well as the unique approach to the Artwork; (iii) communication of the Drawing Contest Theme in both the art piece and supporting statement – how well the Entrant explains what “Biodiversity” in the supporting statement and picture; (iv) adherence to the artwork Requirements and these Rules.
11- Submissions will be divided into five “AGE Groups” for judging:
a. Seeds up to 3 years old.
b. Sprouts 4 to 7 years old.
c. Thinkers 8 to 11 years old.
d. Game Changers 11 to 14 years old.
e. Planet Ambassadors 15 to 18 years old.
12- Applying the age criteria, there will be different levels to the judging process, which are discussed below. There will be Two (2) levels of judging that will result in finalists at the following levels:
a. Level One: Semifinalist for each Age Category.
i. Number of semifinalists Selected at this Level: 25
ii. A total of twenty-five (25) semifinalists will be selected to advance to the final round in the Contest (three (3) per category.
b. Level Two: Finalist Level.
i. Number of Winners Selected at this Level: 15
ii. Among the 25 semifinalists, a total of fifteen (15) finalists (three (3) per age group) will be selected.
13- Tie-breaker: In the case of a tie at any judging level, the judges will re-evaluate the tied Artwork according to the appropriate Criteria until the tie is resolved. The tied artworks will be put up for a re-vote at the individual level until the tie is broken.
14- The results and decisions of the judging panel are final and binding. If there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be assigned. If a potential winner is unavailable for any reason to accept their award, then Diproinduca reserves the right to assign the award to another entrant.
15- A notification of Winners: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions outlined in these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for whatever reason, the Artwork that received the next highest total score will be selected as the potential winner. The potential winner(s) will be selected and will receive a notification by email at Disproinduca’s discretion. In the case of a potential winner not responding to the notification attempt within five (5) days from the first email attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified. An alternate potential winner will be chosen from among all eligible finalists based on the judging criteria described herein.
16- The winner may be required to mail the original Artwork for high-resolution scanning and treatment. If the potential winner is unable to mail the original Artwork within fifteen (15) days, the potential winners will be deemed to have forfeited the designated prize. Another potential finalist/winner may be selected. If the potential winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must agree to the Terms and Conditions. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding. All potential finalists and the eventual winner, including their parent representatives, agree to keep the Artwork strictly confidential between submission and the Artwork’s final launch on the Contest website.
PRIZES: The winners of the contest will receive the award corresponding to their age and category. Each award is as follows:
A Gift Card, preloaded with the amount corresponding to the prize obtained and its category. The same amount of the Gift Card will be donated by Diproinduca on behalf of the winner to one of the preselected organizations whose cause the winner chooses to support.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation
The amount of each award is defined as follows:
1st Place – Gift Card with $ 150 + $ 150 donation to your favourite cause,
2nd Place – Gift Card with $ 125 + $ 125 donation to your favourite cause,
3rd Place – Gift Card with $ 100 + $ 100 donation to your favourite cause.
1st Place – Gift Card with $ 175 + $ 175 donation to your favourite cause,
2nd Place – Gift Card with $ 150 + $ 150 donation to your favourite cause,
3rd Place – Gift Card with $ 125 + $ 125 Donation to your favourite cause.
1st Place – Gift Card with $ 200 + $ 200 donation to your favourite cause,
2nd Place – Gift Card with $ 175 + $ 175 donation to your favourite cause,
3rd Place – Gift Card with $ 150 + $ 150 Donation to your favourite cause.
1st Place – Gift Card with $ 225 + $ 225 donation to your favourite cause,
2nd Place – Gift Card with $ 200 + $ 200 donation to your favourite cause,
3rd Place – Gift Card with $ 175 + $ 175 Donation to your favourite cause.
1st Place – Gift Card with $ 250 + $ 250 donation to your favourite cause,
2nd Place – Gift Card with $ 225 + $ 225 donation to your favourite cause,
3rd Place – Gift Card with $ 200 + $ 200 Donation to your favourite cause.
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All local, state and federal laws and regulations apply. Diproinduca reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Diproinduca’s sole discretion, it reasonably determines that the Participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing Contest by unfair playing practices, cheating, deception, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Diproinduca, or the Judges.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Diproinduca and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the Artwork (excluding Diproinduca’s rights in the Diproinduca logo/trademark). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Diproinduca a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Artwork for any purpose, including display on the Diproinduca website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. Diproinduca retains all rights in the Diproinduca products and services, and entry into this Contest will, in no case, serve to transfer any Diproinduca intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
3. PRIVACY: Participants agree and accept that personal data submitted with an entry, including but not limited to name, address, phone number, and email address, may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Diproinduca and its affiliates to conduct and administer the Contest. Individuals submitting personal information in connection with the Contest have the right to request access, review, rectification or deletion of any personal data held by Diproinduca in connection with the Contest by writing to Diproinduca at the following address: Privacy Matters, c/o Diproinduca 3601 Highway 7, Suite 400, Markham, ON. L3R 0M3. Canada.
4. PUBLICITY: Entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Diproinduca at Diproinduca’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Diproinduca. Diproinduca will contact Entrants in advance of any Diproinduca-sponsored media request for interviews.
5. The artworks may also be used for press and media purposes, and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the Artwork. Diproinduca reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Entrants with the top 25 scores, the Finalists and the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
6. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their artworks are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Artwork and that they have the right to provide the Artwork in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any artwork that: (a) infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any artwork or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
8. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Entrant from the Contest.
9. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: Diproinduca is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed artworks or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Diproinduca is not responsible for the decisions policies, actions, or inactions of others, that might prevent Entrant from submitting, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Drawing Contest. Diproinduca’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not represent a waiver of that or any other provision. Diproinduca reserves the right to disqualify participants who violate the rules or interfere with this Drawing Contest in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Diproinduca reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Drawing Contest.
10. RIGHT TO MODIFY, CANCEL OR DISQUALIFY: If for whatever reason the Drawing Contest is unable of running as planned, including infection by a computer virus, online bugs, digital tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, fraud, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing Contest, Diproinduca reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Diproinduca also reserves the right to disqualify any user/participant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Drawing Contest or the Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to damage any web site, including the Drawing Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Diproinduca has the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
11. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of artwork into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Diproinduca or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their Artwork voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Diproinduca or the Contest Entities and that no such connection is established by Entrant’s submission of artwork under these Rules.
12. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be not valid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the appropriate extent permitted by law, including the rights to prosecute, seek injunctive aid or make any other resort to judicial or any other method in case of disputes or claims emerging from or in connection with this Drawing Contest are as a result of this excluded. Participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
13. ARBITRATION: By entering the WED Drawing Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any argument, demand, or claim associated in any way to the Drawing Contest will be resolved by binding arbitration. All disagreements between you and Diproinduca of any kind or nature resulting from these Rules shall be submitted to the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) in Ontario Canada before one arbitrator agreed mutually by both parties. The involved parties agree to equally share the arbitration costs incurred.
14. WINNER’S RESULT: You may request a list of winners after September 25, 2020, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Artwork for Diproinduca Contest
3601 Highway 7,
Suite 400, Markham,
ON. L3R 0M3. Canada.